Thursday, April 4, 2013

Make Every Day Count

As I celebrated yet another birthday a few weeks ago, the reality of "over the hill" hit me in a very real way.  As I get older, I realize that some day God will call my number and my time on this earth will end.  While this may sound like a negative thing, I'm confident in my destination after I die, so that in itself does not worry me.

Thinking about this has really made me reflect on and re prioritize my life.  The first thing I realized was that at my age, thanking God for another year of life is no longer sufficient.  When you have no idea when you will take your last breath, being thankful for each day somehow seems more appropriate. 

I have also realized that some of the things that were once so important have become almost foolish and a waste of time.  At the risk of sounding arrogant (those who know me best know that I'm not), it has become necessary to even let some old relationships die.  No time for people with nothing but problems and drama, yet are perfectly content to stay there and do nothing to change.  No more time for one sided business relationships or even "friendships" that are one sided and unbalanced.  Maybe it’s drastic, but it’s working great for me!

If nothing else, join me in being thankful for every day of life you are granted.  When you begin to be thankful on a daily basis, you will realize that, because there is no endless supply, every day really does count.  As each day begins to take on a new, more meaningful purpose, your priorities will have to change.  You will understand that you have no time for those with drama, because there are so many people with various needs that will gladly take the help you offer.  The experience of helping other less fortunate individuals will show you how blessed you really are, and in spite of the negative things that we experience in our own lives, will show us how good our life really is.

So, whether you are seventeen, thirty seven, or seventy seven, life is precious and every day could be our last, so make sure to "Make Every Day Count"!

No comments:

Post a Comment